- Scientists concerned over rapid shift in magnetic North Pole Newstalk ZB
- Scientists warn Earth's magnetic North Pole has begun moving 'erratically' New Zealand Herald
- Magnetic North Pole Shifting Rapidly and Unpredicatably The Maritime Executive
- Planet’s erratic magnetic field forces emergency update to global navigation system The Independent
- Earth’s north magnetic pole is erratically shifting at a speed at 50 km per year Firstpost
- View full coverage on Google News
Earth's magnetic field is what allows us to exist. It deflects harmful radiation. It keeps our water and atmosphere in place. But now it's acting up — and
Earth's magnetic field is acting up — and nobody knows why.
The Earths north magnetic pole is shifting so rapidly that steps are being taken to ensure it doesnt...
Earth’s magnetic north pole is veering towards Siberia at an incredibly fast rate, and experts are not sure why. The erratic movement has forced the scientists tasked with monitoring the planet’s magnetic field to update their system that underlies global navigation, from Google Maps to shipping. As liquid iron swirls around in the Earth’s core, the magnetic field – and
The shifts are forcing an unprecedented early update to a model that helps navigation.